How To Make Hummingbird Water
Updated: Jan 12, 2022
(Video transcription below)
This hummingbird food has been purchased from the store but you can make your own hummingbird food at home.
1 cup of sugar to 4 cups of water so 4 to 1 ratio. One of the biggest mistakes that people do is that they actually add food coloring to the hummingbird food (which is not good).
The food coloring is very detrimental to the hummingbird, it's foreign to their systems (it's chemicals). If you are going to make your own hummingbird food, you don't need to add the food coloring to it. You just need to use the sugar and water. If it's good, they (the hummingbirds) will come...If you feed them they will come!!
How to Make Hummingbird Water:
1) 1 cup of unrefined sugar
2) 4 cups of distilled water
3) Mix well until sugar dissolves
4) Add as needed to your hummingbird feeder
5) Store any leftovers in a container (for future use)
6) Do NOT add food coloring (it is bad for the hummingbird)